ANSWERS: 37
  • I most certainly hope not! Red heads are sexy, speacialy if they are naturally red, seems to add some kind of Spicy girl feel to them
  • I sure hope not I have a thing for redheads.
  • Natural redheads, I have heard, will actually be extinct in a few hundred years. If that.
  • No, replication will hopefully prevent it...
  • Oh they better not, I might have to put my cheetah campaign on hold SAVE THE REDHEADS!
  • Not as long as Revlon makes hair color:)
  • I sure hope not. I do know many redheads, so I know there will be some.
  • Not as long as they keep showing "I love Lucy" reruns
  • Unfortunately, yes. They usually don't hold the dominant gene and its by far the rarest hair color.
  • Hey no not for a long time yet. Give us a break.
  • Geez, I hope not!
  • Shit no. I'll see that they don't, maybe a la "Ginger Kids."
  • You redheads can relax. No one's going extinct. For that to happen, there would have to be some severe disadvantage to having red hair *and* for carrying the gene for red hair. Recessive genes don't just disappear. Even if having red hair made someone so repulsive that no one would have their children, there would still be carriers that could pass the redhead gene on to their poor, unsuspecting children. And for every child that has red hair (two recessive genes) there are many many more that are just carriers (one recessive gene and one dominant gene). The gingers are here to stay.
  • I think you should watch this...
  • No but we should start with David Caruso though, lol.
  • Yes, eventually all but dark brown and black will disappear. Not extinct though, as that is not the correct term.
  • No. I've heard this about red-heads and blondes, but that's not how genetics work. if there were some real disadvantage to either of those hair colours, then yes they would go extinct simply because they would not be able to find a mate. But there's not. The thing about recessive genes is that there needs to be two present for it to be expressed. So if a red head (with two red genes) mates with a brown haired person, if the brown haired person carries two brown genes, all their children will have dominant brown hair, but carry a brown and a red, so half their children will be given a red gene as well and so on until one of the children carrying the red mates with a red head OR a brown haired person carrying a dominant brown and a recessive red. if the child recieves a red gene from BOTH parents, the red will once again be expressed, and the child will pass on red genes to ALL their children (whether or not they express) because that child would have nothing but red genes to give. Red heads will continue to make up about the same percentage of the population as they do now for a long long time. :)
  • Noooo!!!! I don't wanna become extinct! I have heard we will phase out in the next couple hundred years. So sad.... I like red hair the best. I am a red head. Any red head man wanna help me repopulate? lmao... j/k my bf might not like that idea.
  • Only if people stop having sex with them.
  • I doubt it. We are a tough breed.
  • my red hair is turning grey so i think it's possible
  • I sure hope not! It would be a sad day. Redheads are my favorite kind of ladies. -----No redheads? Then I don't want to play anymore.
  • Not the way they currently are breeding in society. Even though they tend to look a little funny as kids, which results in other benefits. Most redhead women come into their own and are gorgeous during their peek breeding years. I personally have been attracted to redheads all my life. My wife is a beautiful light redheaded woman and I have passed my own daughter a recessive gene allowing her to be mostly blonde. No, they aren’t going away anytime soon.
  • not if someone organizes red heads only singles clubs. it's not only about hair color! it takes 20% more anesthetic to knock out red heads than it does for other people. red heads have stronger sex drives than other people (maybe nature's way to prevent their extinction). there could be other ways they are different that I don't yet know about but if a red head is looking for a real soul mate, he/she had better look to other red heads for optimum compatability.
  • No, If Redheads Stop Appearing That Means That All Other Hair Colors Have Become Dominant. The Redhead Recessive Gene Will Come Back Over Time, Just Rarely.
  • so are blue eyes
  • i hope not! these are the true celts!
  • I hope not!!! I love em.
  • As long as there is hair dye, we there are no worries of that happening.
  • I don't know if that's true but I had heard blondes were going extinct. (For real)
  • I've heard that. (Supposedly within 100years.) They have websites for people with naturally red hair to find red haired mates to precreate in hopes of having red haired children. If we do go extinct, I won't be around when it happens. :)
  • I am willing to become a red head (bottle of course) to save the species! I think red heads are hot, and always wanted to be one.
  • Why do all good things come to an end?
  • True, the gene for red hair is recessive. Say it's labeled r. the gene for brown hair is labeled B. Each person gets a "hair" chromosone from each of their parents. So if some one has rB, they'll be brunette. In order to be a red head, they need the genes rr. So if there's two brunettes with the genes Br each, there's a 25% chance one of their kids will be a redhead. There's a 25% chance there'll be one with BB, and 50% chance of a child with Br. So there's actually a greater chance of the gene being carried on than not. So red heads won't ever go extinct, the gene will still be there and, eventually, a red head will pop up some where. =D Hope this helped.
  • apparently and blondes to, i personally think its just a load of nonsense made up by people who just finnished their biology degrees to make themselves appear more intelligent than they actually are
  • actually my history teacher told me that red heads would eventually become extinct because the hereditary genes of people aren't as they use to be. For instance, if you have a red head mother and a black haired father. do you think tht the child ends up with red hair? not necessarily. The childs grandmother or great-great grandfather ({either or}) could have red hair, but it didn't pick up those genes. First of all, if its your great grandparents then you're most likely not to develop their genes. It's possible but rare. And the childs DNA is usually identical to the fathers. So if the father has black hair, then the child might have black hair. Even if your pair two redheads togehter, chances are the child might have "mutated" by having brown or blonde instead. That's what I know...hope it helped! save the redheads!
  • No, red heads will not become extinct. There will always be the carried gene for red hair. In order for red hair to be expressed, a person with that gene will have to mate with another that carries that gene, and hope for the 25% chance of a red headed child. If this happens the ressesive gene will be shown in the form of red hair. If someone with two of the dominant brown hair gene, mates with a red headed person, the dominant brown hair gene will be shown in their offspring, hence the name "Dominant Trait". The Ressesive Trait is red hair and can only be shown when the right conditions have been met. No red heads will not become extinct, because the gene for red hair will always be carried by some people.

Copyright 2018, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy